Saturday, October 1, 2011

Why is it illegal to transport liquor into Vermont? Does Vermont have its own vineyards?

I live in Chicago and was about to send my Mother-in-law a bottle of wine. Then I was stopped and told that I could not bring in or take out any liquor in Vermont. I just want to know why. I feel like this is Prohibition again. For such a liberal state that Vermont is, I don't understand this restriction.|||Because Vermont is a control state, it's illegal to transport it for resale. Not much can be said for one or two bottles. It's large amounts that strike up suspicion. You're fine sending your in-law a bottle.|||Every state has their own liquor laws.... My friend from CT couldn't get wine shipped to her in CT from PA.....but I could in GA.....check out this winery I visited that is in Charlotte, VT, I was told by the owner that you can have their wine shipped out of state (but of course that only applys to certain states)..... Who told you that you couldn't bring in or take out any liquor in VT???? I've never had a problem... before the new TSA rules I flew with a bottle of wine in my carry on luggage from Burlington, VT to Atlanta, GA.... I've also had wine shipped to me from VT to GA and never had a problem.





http://www.charlottevillagewinery.com/|||I;m not into shipping any liquor..


But I did order some other stuff from


http://www.wine.com|||You can bring up to six gallons of wine into Vermont, but it has to be in your private vehicle or on your person.


See Vermont Statutes Title 7 Chapter 3 Section 63(b)


"(b) Except as provided in section 66 of this title, all malt or vinous beverages, or both, imported or transported into this state shall be imported or transported by and through a wholesale dealer holding a wholesale dealer's license issued by the liquor control board. A person importing or transporting or causing to be imported or transported into this state any malt or vinous beverages, or both, shall be imprisoned not more than one year or fined not more than $1,000.00, or both. Provided, however, a person may import or transport not more than six gallons of malt or vinous beverages, or both, into this state in his or her own private vehicle or in his or her actual possession at the time of importation without permit providing it is not for resale. (Amended 1991, No. 138 (Adj. Sess.); 2005, No. 140 (Adj. Sess.), 搂 3, eff. May 10, 2006.)"

No comments:

Post a Comment