Friday, September 23, 2011

Do I have to have a liquor license to serve liquor in my beauty salon?

I was told that I did not need a liqour license to serve liquor. Now Im sure I need one if I was selling. I was also told that, if it was a member onlys club of any kind I could serve liquor without obtaining a licenses. Is this true?|||We did it at a shoe boutique I worked for in the past.


Since we weren't charging our patrons for glasses of champagne, we weren't required to have a liquor license.|||serve, no


sale , yes|||probably!|||You need to have a liquor license to SELL liquor.|||you need to apply for an occasion license from the licensing board to sell liquor.





You must also have free water and reasonably priced soft drinks on offer too.





Members clubs do also need a license but its a different type and they dont have to put a name on the license if its mebers only.





If you are giving it away for free you dont need a license





Im from Scotland though and our laws are different to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment