Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What are the popular brands of beer and hard liquor in Ireland and Britain?

I'm just curious to see what people in the UK seem to favor when it comes to beer and liquor. From the advertisements here in the States, you'd think the Irish live off Guinness and Jameson, so I want to see if those are the liquor and beer of choice in the UK (I have my doubts). I've also heard that Budweiser is starting to be more readily consumed in the UK than it used to be. I hope that's not true though, lol.





I'm also curious to see what the popular beers and hard liquors of the UK are.|||I'm Irish and a bit of an alco, not really but lets make believe for the sake of my answer.


From my experience, most popular beer; Budweiser. most popular spirit; Smirnoff.





Why would you hope that Budweiser wasn't so popular here?|||I'm more a spirits girl myself, my drink of choice being vodka (mixed with coke). A friend of mine who works in a bar in the US said he always knows there's an irish person in when somebody orders that drinks, calls it a "paddy drink". ;) Apart from vodka, in my circle of friends rum is a popular choice for spirits.


The beer/stout drinkers I know go for Guinness, Miller, Coors Light or Heineken. Personally, if I ever go for a beer it's always a bottle of Corona, Sol or Peroni. I think Budweiser is popular too, but I think it's pretty horrible!





The UK has quite a different selection of beers than we have here in Ireland, but the liquor choice is about the same.|||Boddingtons Pub Ale

No comments:

Post a Comment