Friday, September 16, 2011

How much initial liquor inventory to purchase?

Hi,


I'm trying to find out if there is a formula to calculate what an initial liquor purchase should be for opening a new bar (it's a business school project). Totally capacity is 150 people and the project is strictly a bar, meaning no food. I plan on using 'just in time' inventory to maintain the lowest inventory level possible to cut back on opportunity cost and theft. I just want to know for liquor not beer or anything else. Thanks for your help.|||If I'm opening a bar, I'll proly open it on Friday since that's when it'll be busy and people will want to try the new bar on Friday. I'd just stock up on the most common beers of course. You want to stock what you'll need. Bud Light might be the most common beer, I'm not sure. That's probably what I'd have the most of. This way it's nice and easy for you. You know automatically going into the weekend you better stock up. Not much number-crunching here.

No comments:

Post a Comment