Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Do I need a liquor license if my guests serve themselves the alcohol?

I am going to be having a house party soon and I would like to have alcohol there for my guests to indulge into. My question is, would I need to have a liquor license even if I am not serving them the alcohol, I would just be providing it, they would serve themselves. Thank you!|||NO





As long as you are not charging you are fine.|||No you would only need a liquor license if you're selling it to them. But if they get it a crash and the person the hit sues, you can be liable for "providing alcohol". It's stupid and it probably would never happen, but you never know.|||You don't need a liquor license if you are having a party.|||LOL No. States require stores that sell liquor to have a liquor license. If you are providing alcohol, thats the same as serving it so under the law..it's still illegal if you are providing alcohol for underage drinkers.|||you can serve them the alcohol, as long as you arent making a profit. (more $ than you spent on the booze)





If people arent of legal age and the party gets busted, you will face issues.|||not likely, you're legit don't worry. you should check out this article though, so you can watch out for people who are drinking the wrong way and try and help them out. it's a good way to be a host





http://www.teenpublish.com/socializing/alcohol-its-your-choice/





granted, it's for a teen site, but the advice still has its merits

No comments:

Post a Comment