Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do you open liquor when the cap is stuck?

I have a bottle of Sambuca I keep in my freezer. At some point over the last few weeks, the cap on the bottle became impossible to remove. It just spins and spins when I try to unscrew it, it almost seems like the cap expanded a little or the bottle retracted after I drank some of it.





Is there any way to open up a bottle when the cap just spins in place? I would hate to throw out a half full bottle of liquor.|||if the cap spins in place you've either stripped the threads or there's a secondary cap on it, either way pliers or a vice grip(not to tight ) will get it off|||Is the cap that metal kind like the top of a pop bottle?





If so, you can easily pierce a hole in it with a sharp knife. Then stick the knife in more and twist it to make the hole bigger.





Then pour the remaining sambuca into tupperware to continue storing.|||dont break the bottle, there will be tiny glass shards and it can be serious!|||If you can't stick a knife in the cap, try a screw. Leaving an opening to pour from. I don't know what happened to your bottle, but that really sucks.





If you can open the top (either by knife or screw), place a plastic baggie over the top and secure it with a rubber band.

No comments:

Post a Comment